We are currently looking for a Permanent Part-Time Support Worker to support the coordination of Pathfinders Bunbun Playgroup 16 hours per week, based in Pathinders Inverell Office.
The Support Worker is responsible for developing and delivering high quality supported playgroup sessions that are developmentally appropriate and engaging for children and families who attend our playgroup in Ashford. The sessions are designed to meet the needs of the families and children fostering child development, parenting practices, social and emotional needs. The Playgroup Worker will work closely with other Inverell Family Youth Support Serivces staff to ensure the goals and objectives of the program are met.
The Support Worker will need to have the following:
- A relevant qualification in Early Childhood or related field
- Previous experience in working with young children, preferably in a playgroup or early childhood setting
- Experience in facilitating groups of children with parents/caregivers
All applications must include the following components:
- Applications addressing the selection criteria as provided in the job package.
- An updated resume including details of at least two recent work-related referees.
- Current Working with Children Check
- Current Police History Check
- Current Driver’s Licence.
- Proof of Aboriginality.
Applicants who do not provide all the above will not be considered for an interview.
Please download the job package to apply for this position. This position is Level 4.3 under the Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Industry Modern Award (“the SCHDSI Award”).
Applications should be lodged by email to firstname.lastname@example.org and should be addressed to the Manager Corporate Services. Pathfinders is committed to being a safe environment for children and young people and is a mandatory reporting Organisation. Pathfinders is a non-smoking workplace and is committed to the principles and practices of Equal Opportunity and Cultural Diversity. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People are strongly encouraged to apply.
For further information, please contact Melissa Colman – Corporate Services Officer on 0436 029 439
Applications close at 9:00am on Monday, 25 September 2023.