Support Your Path program provides innovative and personalized direct care supports to assist our participants with a disability to embrace life and reach their goals. Pathfinders is a committed to ensuring greater independence for the people we care for, encouraging participation and learning. As a support worker you will be responsible for assisting each participant to live a life by their own design.
The support worker is passionate about empowering people with a disability to live their dreams and achieve the very best in their lives. The support worker enjoys helping people in the community, caring by nature and has an understanding on how to provide person led support, have the flexibility to work nights, sleepovers, afternoon, and weekend shifts. Duties may include personal care, manual handling/hoisting, knowledge of epilepsy and challenging behaviors.
The Successful Applicant will be:
• Able to work with team members, participants (one-on-one or in a group setting), families and carers to provide individualized supports for people with disabilities.
• Able to demonstrate that they will provide safe, nurturing support to assist participants to achieve their individual goals and dreams.
• Assisting participants who require assistance with daily life tasks, with a strong focus on developing the skills of people to live as autonomously as possible.
• Assisting people to achieve their full potential.
• Have a current NDIS Worker Check
This position is Level 2-3 (negotiable based on experience) under the Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Industry Award 2010 (the SCHADSI Award)
Position Closes 5:00pm, Tuesday, 10 October 2023
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are strongly encouraged to apply.
Pathfinders is committed to the principals of Equal Opportunity and Cultural Diversity.
Pathfinders is a Non Smoking Workplace