The Momentum Program is designed to support Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people living in North-East NSW to attain
- birth registration and certification
- driver qualifications (Learner Licence and Provisional Driver Licence), and
- sustained employment.
Momentum integrates three services into one cohesive program, addressing key barriers for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to improve employment rates and advance wellbeing.
The program has been designed in collaboration with Aboriginal communities, and the program model is informed by research on best practice in service delivery for Indigenous communities in Australia and worldwide.
During the service delivery period of the Momentum Program, we aim to engage and support 2,000 participants.
The Momentum Program is available to individuals who, at the time of their enrolment, satisfy all of the following criteria:
- identifies as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander and/or is accepted as such by the community in which they live, including but not limited to partners or children in the care of a person who identifies as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander
- is aged between 16 and 55 years old – if aged 16, the individual must have completed year 10 unless school approval is obtained
- lives in the program catchment area
- does not have a birth certificate
- does not have a learner driver licence
- is not employed
- is not participating in an ‘excluded activity’ ( 1 please see below), and
- is prepared to engage with Momentum casework support officers and be fully committed and willing to participate in all aspects of the Momentum Program.
Participants of an ‘excluded activity’ will not be eligible. Excluded activities include:
- Indigenous Skills and Employment Program (ISEP)
- Driver Licensing Access Program
- Aboriginal Employment Strategy (AES)
- New Careers for Aboriginal People (NCAP) program, or
- a program funded through the NSW Government’s Youth Employment Social Impact Program.
How to apply
Applicants for the Momentum Program will need to first attend a roadshow event.
Roadshows will be held every 6-8 weeks and will travel to the following regions:
- New England and North West
- Coffs Harbour–Grafton
- Mid North Coast
- Hunter Valley excl. Newcastle
- Newcastle and Lake Macquarie
News and Events
Pathfinders National Aboriginal Birth Certificate Program had a great weekend away participating at the 51st NSW Koori Knockout held on Darkinjung Land in Tuggerah, NSW. The four-day event drew an … Pathfinders National Aboriginal Birth Certificate Program at the 51st NSW Koori Knockout Read More »
Pathfinders and Social Futures Family Connect and Support services came together to create a special experience for the ladies at this year’s Regional Women’s Yarn Up Camp, hosted by Tobwabba … Embracing Self-Care at the Women’s Yarn Up Camp! Read More »
At Pathfinders, we stand united with our Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities to celebrate and honour the invaluable contributions and rich cultural heritage of our Aboriginal and Torres Strait … National Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Children’s Day Read More »