The Momentum Program is designed to support Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people living in North-East NSW to attain
- birth registration and certification
- driver qualifications (Learner Licence and Provisional Driver Licence), and
- sustained employment.
Momentum integrates three services into one cohesive program, addressing key barriers for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to improve employment rates and advance wellbeing.
The program has been designed in collaboration with Aboriginal communities, and the program model is informed by research on best practice in service delivery for Indigenous communities in Australia and worldwide.
During the service delivery period of the Momentum Program, we aim to engage and support 2,000 participants.
The Momentum Program is available to individuals who, at the time of their enrolment, satisfy all of the following criteria:
- identifies as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander and/or is accepted as such by the community in which they live, including but not limited to partners or children in the care of a person who identifies as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander
- is aged between 16 and 55 years old – if aged 16, the individual must have completed year 10 unless school approval is obtained
- lives in the program catchment area
- does not have a birth certificate
- does not have a learner driver licence
- is not employed
- is not participating in an ‘excluded activity’ ( 1 please see below), and
- is prepared to engage with Momentum casework support officers and be fully committed and willing to participate in all aspects of the Momentum Program.
Participants of an ‘excluded activity’ will not be eligible. Excluded activities include:
- Indigenous Skills and Employment Program (ISEP)
- Driver Licensing Access Program
- Aboriginal Employment Strategy (AES)
- New Careers for Aboriginal People (NCAP) program, or
- a program funded through the NSW Government’s Youth Employment Social Impact Program.
How to apply
Applicants for the Momentum Program will need to first attend a roadshow event.
Roadshows will be held every 6-8 weeks and will travel to the following regions:
- New England and North West
- Coffs Harbour–Grafton
- Mid North Coast
- Hunter Valley excl. Newcastle
- Newcastle and Lake Macquarie
News and Events
Momentum is heading to Port Macquarie, Taree and Forster
M-Week has started in Grafton for our new Momentum participants. All participants will spend this week in Grafton with Real Futures and ACE Community Colleges. Participants will spend time with …
Momentum is heading to Port Macquarie, Taree and Forster Read More »
Young Momentum applicants are ticking all the boxes
A number of young Momentum applicants have been successful in completing the first stages of the Momentum program. Pathfinders Momentum Coordinator shares with us the success of one of the …
Young Momentum applicants are ticking all the boxes Read More »
The Momentum Program comes to Coffs Harbour
To start the year off the team travelled to Coffs Harbour, for their first community signup day at the Local Aboriginal Lands Council. Special guest and local Member of …
26 Gordon Street,
Coffs Harbour NSW 2450
Mon – Friday 9:00am – 5:00pm
Phone: 0429 684 488