Support Worker- Accommodation Support
- Armidale Based
- Helping Young People 16-24 in need of outreach support
- PPT Contract – approx. 32 hours per week (rotating roster) 7 Days including weekend and public holidays.
- SCHADS Award – Level 4 + Penalties
- First Nations peoples are encouraged to apply.
About the role
This role is working in an accommodation service dedicated to young individuals aged 16-19 whilst at times supporting young people up to the age of 24 in an outreach capacity. The primary focus is on fostering essential living skills, structuring impactful programs, and providing robust support for employment and education. The emphasis extends to guiding these young individuals in gaining a drive towards education and employment, while nurturing their ability to live independently.
- Living Skills Development
- Employment Support
- Education Assistance
- Independent Living Skills
- Career Path Planning
- Community Engagement
In our work, we focus on supporting young people dealing with mental health challenges, drug use, and homelessness. Our approach is rooted in strengths, offering opportunities for growth and development. By actively listening, guiding, and providing support, we empower these individuals to recognise and harness their potential and strengths. Together, we navigate towards a brighter future.
- Opportunity to support a team in making a real difference in the lives of vulnerable young people (16-24 years) within the local community.
- Embrace the opportunity to work right in the heart of Armidale, contributing directly to the well-being of our community.
- Boost your take-home pay with the added advantage of Salary Packaging options tailored for the nonprofit sector.
- Enjoy a supportive work environment that includes Monthly Supervision, engaging Learning & Development opportunities, Team Building activities, the chance to collaborate across teams and Flexible Work Practices. Pathfinders is all about nurturing our team’s growth and well-being.
All applications must include the following components:
- Applications addressing the selection criteria as provided in the job package.
- An updated resume including details of at least two recent work-related referees.
- Current Working with Children Check
- Current Police History Check
- Current Driver’s Licence.
Please download the job package to apply for this position.
Applicants who do not provide all of the above will not be considered for an interview
- Applications should be emailed to email@example.com and should be addressed to the Human Resource Manager.
- Pathfinders is committed to being a safe environment for children and young people and are mandatory reporters.
- Pathfinders is a non-smoking workplace and is committed to the principles and practices of Equal Opportunity and Cultural Diversity
For further information, please contact Melissa Colman – Corporate Services Officer on 0436 029 439