Support Worker- Outreach Support
- Armidale Based
- Helping Young People 16-24 in need of outreach support
- F/T Contract – 38 hours per week (Day work M-F)- Set Roster
- SCHADS Award – Level 4
- First Nations peoples are encouraged to apply.
About the role
This role will deliver case management services in the Armidale region and will work closely with, and support the youth work team, program coordinator and a range of services to meet desired outcomes for clients.
We are looking for a motivated and dedicated Support worker to join our dynamic team who can bring:
- Ability to be self-directed, plan, prioritise and to meet deadlines.
- Consultative and collaborative working attitude
- Experience working across different programs.
- Commitment to a learning culture and ongoing professional development
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure
- Ability to engage, relate and communicate successfully with people from diverse backgrounds.
The Support Worker passionately assists disengaged and at-risk youth by providing mentoring, outreach case management, and educational support. They focus on developing life skills, fostering positive relationships, and maintaining clear boundaries. The goal is to reengage youth with education and community, offering emotional support, trust-building, and therapeutic practices to enhance their competencies and independence. The Support Worker also facilitates referrals, aims for optimal outcomes for clients, whether addressing homelessness, family restoration, or alternative accommodations.
- Opportunity to support a team in making a real difference in the lives of vulnerable young people (16-24 years) within the local community.
- Embrace the opportunity to work right in the heart of Armidale, contributing directly to the well-being of our community.
- Boost your take-home pay with the added advantage of Salary Packaging options tailored for the nonprofit sector.
- Enjoy a supportive work environment that includes Monthly Supervision, engaging Learning & Development opportunities, Team Building activities, the chance to collaborate across teams and Flexible Work Practices. Pathfinders is all about nurturing our team’s growth and well-being.
All applicants must include the following components
- Applications addressing the selection criteria as provided in the job package.
- An updated resume including details of at least two recent work-related referees.
- Current Working with Children Check
- Current Police History Check
- Current Driver’s Licence.
Please download the job package to apply for this position.
Applicants who do not provide all of the above will not be considered for an interview.
- Applications should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org and should be addressed to the Human Resource Manager.
- Pathfinders is committed to being a safe environment for children and young people and are mandatory reporters.
- Pathfinders is a non-smoking workplace and is committed to the principles and practices of Equal Opportunity and Cultural Diversity
For further information, please contact Melissa Colman – Corporate Services Officer on 0436 029 439