Positions available in Tamworth
Pathfinders is a community-based organisation providing supported accommodation and homelessness services, family and youth support services, Juvenile Justice and Out of Home Care services across the New England, Mid-North Coast and North West Tablelands of NSW. Pathfinders’ vision is that all children, young people and their families will have a home where they feel they belong, are free from abuse and neglect, are able to achieve their full potential and are supported by appropriate and timely community services.
Non-Placement Support Service (NPSS program)
The Non-Placement Support Service (NPSS) program is a fee-for-service brokerage partnership with Department of Communities and Justice (DCJ) and other Non-Government Organisations (NGO’s). The Department of Communities and Justice contract Pathfinders to provide a range of services to children and young people in Out of Home Care (OOHC) and their families.
The NPSS Support Worker role will be required to:
- Facilitate and supervise Birth Family Contact Visits of children and young people in Out of Home Care (OOHC).
- Support and supervision of children and young people on a needs basis.
- Mentoring of children and young people aged 0-17 years old.
- Transports to visits, appointments, preschool/school, respite placements and changes of placement.
To be suitable for this role the NPSS worker will exhibit empathy and compassion and have a strong commitment to children, families, and community.
The NPSS Worker will require knowledge and understanding of the issues that affect Aboriginal communities, societies, and cultures in NSW. Willing to advocate on behalf of Aboriginal young people and their families in providing cultural support and to provide services to Aboriginal and non-Aboriginal children, young people, and families.
All staff have a strong commitment to privacy and are expected to maintain strict confidentiality standards.
This position is Grade 3 under the Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Industry Award 2010 (“the SCHDSI Award”)
All applications must include the following components to be considered for the position:
- A statement against each of the essential and desirable selection criteria for the position, addressed individually, in paragraph format giving examples to demonstrate how you meet them.
- An updated resume including details of at least two recent referees.
Please download the job package to apply for this position.
Applicants who do not provide all of the above will not be considered for an interview.
Applications can be lodged by email to email@example.com and should be addressed to the Manager Corporate Services.